Ruby on Rails Engineer
40hr/week Beginnt ASAP GMT +01:00
Beginnt ASAP GMT +01:00
We are looking for a Talented Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to work Remotely with a Fast growing Fintech from Switzerland.
About the company
They create technical solutions in the field of accounting for medium and small enterprises (SMP) and mutual funds. Their products simplify the work of these companies and make it more effective by automating many daily tasks and implementing machine learning. Accounto is a team of 35 professionals in the field of finance who focus on the results and quality of what they create within groups representing a given department (established to solve specific cases).
Their vision is to ensure that SMPs and trust companies don't have to worry about administrative tasks and focus on what is at the core of their business. They are fascinated by innovations that make running a business easier on a daily basis. Some of their values are a heart beating for SMP and trying new things without fear of potential mistakes (as you know, that's where we learn the best lessons)!
🎯 Role: (Senior) Ruby on Rails Engineer.
⏱ Work schedule: flexible working hours.
👩💻 Mode of work: 100% remote (+ 2 meetings a year at the headquarters in Zurich - paid by Accounto)
🇬🇧 Language of communication in the company: English, as Accounto brings together people from different countries.
Ruby 2.7, Ruby on Rails 6, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Gitlab, GCloud, Sidekiq, Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices (we have a well-prepared and dockerized environment, all in TDD and agile/scrum methodology!).
- Creating a well-designed, tested, and quality code (Senior level),
- Creating and optimizing products, but also dealing with performance and architecture issues,
- Integration and improvement of existing modules and development of connections with external APIs,
- Working on a large database and the ability to create comprehensive solutions in accordance with accepted practices,
- On the other hand - proposing recommendations if something can be done better to improve software development standards,
- Cooperation with other developers, testers, and devops, along with the product and business team to implement new solutions and improve existing solutions.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing solutions in Ruby/RoR using best practices (+ RSpec for testing),
- Deep knowledge of relational databases, microservices and Object Oriented Programming,
- Ability to create complex products in a changing environment,
- Communication at a level that allows for effective cooperation with the team,
- Focus on implementing innovations in everyday work,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage own work, but also to cooperate with others,
- Experience in working in Agile and Test Driven Development methodology,
- Proficiency in English.
- Additional advantages will be: experience in Python and / or Java, knowledge of the financial industry and French and / or German.
a year ago