Bongo is a South Asian OTT and VOD platform. It serves live and on-demand content from its data center that houses a digital head end and CDN origin. Developed a fully customized video player which can play HLS streams. Wrote unit tests for React components and maintained 85% test coverage. Implemented Widevine DRM to protect online video contents from piracy. Integrated various local (bkash,nagad) & global (Stripe, Etisalat, Digi, Dhiraagu) payment gateways so that user can acquire premium membership and watch videos ads-free. Implemented caching strategies to provide offline support which greatly boosts user experience. Also making web app installable to give user a mobile app like experience. Collaborated with the UX/UI design teams to improve the website and applications, increasing conversion rates significantly. Integrated IMA SDK to serve ad playback during video and which generated revenue. Integrated YouBORA video analytics to track how video playback performance impacts user satisfaction and tolerance, which helped the marketing team to take critical decisions that generated revenue. Integrated Web Analytics (Firebase/GA4) so that marketing team gets smarter insights and improve ROI. Developed the Bongo Samsung TV app using tizen SDK and released on Samsung App Store which resulted a lot more user engagement. Mentored junior Frontend Engineers and practiced code review process.
- Implemented performance tuning techniques on stored procedures and back-end queries which resulted in significant improvement in application performance
- Implemented a generic project model for all of our projects which reduced the development time of new projects by 40%
- Migrated a legacy web application which was built using jQuery to a Single Page Application built on top of AngularJS
- Collaborated with QA team to fix edge case bugs.
- Worked and collaborated with an agile team of 12 members and provided end-to-end solutions for clients
- Developed Single Page Applications to meet customer needs
- Migrated legacy web applications which was built on ASP.NET Web forms to ASP.NET Web API.
- Developed Restful API's so that mobile clients and web clients can consume
- Developed my team-work skills by working in close collaboration with 6 other freshers